12x16--6 Row Water to Air Heat Exchanger 1" Copper Ports
12x16 6 Row/ 108,000 BTUs / 100 PSI For use in your hot air furnace plenum.
Other sizes available.
Please see charts in pics above
***Not recommended for air compressors***
This listing does not include the install kit.
Information about our heat exchangers
- This heat exchanger is ideal for a 12"x 18" plenum or larger.
- The outlets come out on the 12" side (shown as the vertical side in the picture above)
- The fin area is 12"x 16"
- There is a 1" frame on the end opposite the outlets that covers the copper elbows. This makes the area inside of your plenum 1" longer.
- All exchangers are 3 1/2" thick.
- Aluminum fins are installed at 12 fines per inch.
- All exchangers are triple pass design.
- Tubing is 1/4" copper.
- Our exchangers have 1" copper outlets and can be installed with either sweat fittings or push fit type fittings like sharkbite's.
- Exchangers from us come with a lifetime warranty, including shipping.
- Exchangers will work with chilled water also.
- We stock many sizes, always order the largest size that will fit into your plenum.
See our other listings if you wish to purchase the install kit.
Installation brackets for installing water to air heat exchangers inside of furnace plenums. This easy to install kit takes all of the work out of installing a coil. Great for the do it yourselfer or the seasoned installer
This kit will work with most coils being sold on Ebay that are 3.5" wide. Check before you buy, but that will cover over 90% of the ones being sold. Even most that are listed as 4" are actually 3.5". These will work with every heat exchanger we sell in our Ebay store.
We provide a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects and corrosion.
Dealer inquiries welcomed.
These heat exchangers can also be used as a stand alone heat source by simply attaching a fan or squirrel cage to one side of the unit. They can be installed in either the hot air side or the cold air return of a furnace. Please note that if installed in the cold air return you will need to install a 3 way zone valve in order for the fan to operate properly.
Check our other listings for an installation kit that makes it super easy to do the entire installation.
Water to Air heat exchangers, often called duct coils or furnace radiators, are used for installing into forced air furnace to provide heat from hot water. They can be installed into the cold air side of the furnace if that is the best option. They work in much the same way as the central air conditioning unit.
The following things should be taken into consideration when installing a duct coil.
(1) Size the coil so that the fins take up the maximum amount of the plenum as possible.
(2) Securely fasten the unit so that it doesn't rattle.
(3) Make sure there are no foreign objects are touching the fins or the tubes.
(4) Duct tape any air leaks.
(5) Do not bend the fins. If you do, straighten them as best you can. A tool called a "Rake" is available for straightening the fins.
(6) If you are going to run your outside heat in the summer install a bypass valve.
(7) A duct coil installation kit makes installing the heat exchanger easier.
All coils come packed in foam to prevent damage during shipping. We are a well established US company with many years of experience selling parts and supplies to the solar and outdoor wood furnace industries. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about hydronic heating or cooling parts and supplies whether you bought them from us or not.
***We will ship to Alaska/Hawaii...please email us for shipping quote***